There are a few things to remember when renting out your car to make the car handover process smooth for both you and the Renter.
- Fill your car up with a full tank of fuel and take a quick photo of the fuel gage. Not only does it make it easier for the Renter to be able to return your car with the same level of fuel it helps prevent any disputes on the amount of fuel in the tank at the end of the rental period.
- Take some photos of the current condition of your car. If there is any damage during the rental period these photos will help to prove the car's condition at the start of the rental period.
- Meet the Renter at the time and place that has been organised. It is important to remember to check their licence to confirm their identity. Their identity must match that of their YourDrive profile. (If the person does not match the licence or booking confirmation details, do not hand over the keys or vehicle and contact us immediately).
- Keep your car in a roadworthy and safe condition. In the case of a flat tyre, your Renter will thank you if you have an inflated spare tyre available. Have your car in a reasonably clean condition without any personal clutter and your Renter will do the same.
- Sit back knowing your car is helping the Renter out, whether it be for a holiday or to run some errands around the city and that you will be left with some extra cash in hand!
At the end of the rental period, it’s just as easy.
- Meet the Renter at the organised time and place to collect the keys and your car.
- Make sure the car has been filled up with fuel to the level you left it and give your car a quick check for any damage
- If you notice any damage to your car that occurred during the rental period, please take a photo of the damage and let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the Renter has incurred a ticket during the rental period send the ticket to YourDrive ASAP. We'll pay the ticket immediately and chase up the renter. The renter will be charged the price of the ticket plus an Administrative Fee for processing the ticket. If you're feeling nice, reach out to the renter and get them to pay it directly to help them avoid the fee!
- Don’t forget to review the Renter to help keep YourDrive a trustworthy community and to let other owners know how awesome they are!